Video conferencing is replacing phone-based conference calls and convoluted email chains because video lets you communicate face-to-face from anywhere at any time. To get the most out of video, though, look for a smart video solution that adds advanced collaboration tools to the mix, allowing you to record key discussion, collaborate on screen, and create virtual town halls or training sessions. The end result is impactful communication that drives innovation. Plus, you’ll be able to accomplish more with fewer resources. Check out these five steps to succeeding with video and get more out of every conversation.
1. Make sure it works together. When it comes to deploying video collaboration, the goal is to get all of the pieces to work together: voice, video, web conferencing. That way, everyone can participate fully even with the tools they already have.
2. Plan for more. Video collaboration isn’t going anywhere, and if you design an infrastructure that can only handle today’s needs, you’re setting yourself up for failure tomorrow. Focus on scalability so your solution can grow with your business.
3. Pick the right endpoints. When it comes to deploying video collaboration, the goal is to get all of the pieces to work together: voice, video, web conferencing. That way, everyone can participate fully even with the tools they already have. Video deployment isn’t one size fits all. It’s about how people work and about understanding the right endpoint for the situation so people can be their most effective. Look at your needs, growth strategy, and user profiles for the best solution to transform your workplace.
4. Maximize collaboration. It’s more than meetings. An intelligent video solution lets you record and stream key discussions or announcements and create live events in virtual town halls. Even training gets better and less expensive with video. The end result is more productivity and better talent development at a lower cost.
5. Provide solutions your people can trust. Users are more likely to see benefits from video collaboration when everything works. Understand internal and external support services and only work with vendors who have experience delivering end-to-end video collaboration solutions.
75% of global business leaders are deploying video collaboration tools. — “Unlocking the Full Potential of Collaboration,” Cisco, 2014.
If you are looking to learn more about video conferencing in give us a call at 778.373.1017 or email email@example.com