Regardless of where you are in adopting collaboration technologies, Synditech can help you focus on delivering what works best for your needs. Our team of Cisco certified experts have the knowledge and expertise with Cisco’s full collaboration platform.
So what’s new in this release of Cisco Collaboration System 11.5. Let’s review the three key areas that Cisco has focused on:
Security and Compliance
We have several new additions that increase security, including the following:
• Cisco Unified Communications Manager now has next-generation encryption and security for user self-provisioning.
• Cisco Emergency Responder can now use wireless access points to locate a user’s physical location.
• Our new 8821 Wireless IP Phones have increased network security when configuring and authenticating.
• Within our Contact Center portfolio, we’ve increased security within Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal, Cisco MediaSense, and Cisco Unified Contact Center Express.
Administrator and User Experience
Cisco Jabber’s user experience is improved by supporting several devices within the same message thread. Video quality improvements come from our media adaptation and resiliency implementation, an element of Cisco Spark, Communications Manager, Jabber, and most Cisco endpoints. New pre-configuration enhancements streamline implementation and operations of Business Edition 6000. Meanwhile, both Business Edition 6000 and 7000 solutions now have an assurance and analytics option.
You can now register room and desktop video endpoints devices within Cisco Expressway, which includes user experience enhancements as well as new multistreaming capabilities for remote participants.
Our customer care portfolio includes several experience enhancements, including built-in chat and email within Unified Contact Center Enterprise. Both Contact Center Enterprise as well as Contact Center Express now feature single sign-on. Cisco Unified Intelligence Center has a refreshed agent and supervisor user interface. And, we’ve increased scale:
• Packaged Contact Center Enterprise now supports up to 2,000 agents and 1,500 outbound ports.
• Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal scales up to 3,000 calls per Virtual Machine.
We’ve enhanced premises-to-cloud hybrid capabilities through Cisco Expressway connectivity to Cisco Spark Hybrid Services. To ease interoperability, Cisco Unified Border Element now has video-signaling suppression and pass through.
Enhancements to Cisco VCS and Cisco Expressway build in support for Spark Hybrid Services and improve interoperability in mixed environments, including Microsoft Lync and Microsoft Skype. Meanwhile, Hybrid Services connect Cisco Spark with Cisco Expressway, which gives you the best of cloud and on-premises deployment.
Collaboration Endpoint Software 8.2 accelerates Cisco Spark registration and feature consistency across room and desktop video endpoints, among other enhancements. Key features of CE 8.2 include:
• Cisco Spark registration across MX Series, SX Series, DX70, and DX80 endpoints
• Collaboration Endpoint software extends to DX70 and DX80 endpoints
• SX10 support for H.323 protocol
• Enhancements to ease administrator functions
If you are looking for more information about Cisco Collaboration technologies or would like information on upgrading your existing infrastructure, please reach out to us by phone 778.373.1017 or email email@example.com
Synditech is a Cisco Premier Partner IT service provider, offering collaboration, networking, data centre, security and IT support in Vancouver BC.